If you will soon change the colors of the walls of your house, this article may interest you. There are many ways to achieve the effect you want. Therefore, we show you some techniques to paint your house that will allow you to leave it just as you want.
Painting the house, either inside or outside, is one of the decisions that requires more meditation. Of course, it is not something we do every day; therefore, it is necessary to be very sure of the choices we make.
The first thing we should consider, logically, is color . This will depend on personal tastes, furniture if it is for interiors and, why not, the environment for the exterior of the house.
The time will come to choose some of the many techniques to paint your house that you will find. Next, we tell you a little about them so that you get more educated at the time of the final election.
5 techniques to paint your house
1. Blurred effect
Undoubtedly, one of the most elegant styles to give a unique touch to any space in the house. To achieve this, a technique called rag rolling is used . This consists of following the following steps:
- Paint the wall the color you want to blur.
- Roll up a cloth and soak it in turpentine. Wear gloves to carry out this step and the next ones .
- Wipe the cloth over the damp wall and see how the parts you touch lose their color.
On the other hand, there is another way to achieve a similar blur effect. In this case, we will need two-color paint, a mixing tray, a roller, newspaper and a plastic bag. The colors should be of the same range, but of a different hue . The steps to follow are these:
- Paint the wall with the color that will predominate; that is, the lightest or the darkest.
- Wrap the roller with a plastic bag, take the second paint from the mixer and remove the excess with the paper.
- Turn the roller on the wall so that irregularities of a lighter or darker color remain, as appropriate .
2. Linear Effect
This is a style that definitely moves away from the classic, but that can give a room a lot of elegance .
The final form will be that of a wall with small vertical lines in which the background color will be barely visible . This is usually the target. Doing so is very simple. We tell you the procedure:
- Paint the walls in the conventional way and in the main color the room will have.
- Then, with the paint still fresh, use a straw broom to draw the lines. You should take directly from the bristles and pass it through the wall from top to bottom, never the other way around.
- Although it is an informal style for the rooms, try to be neat with the lines to take full advantage of the desired effect .
3. Embossed rollers
This is an excellent way to create prints on the walls. To achieve this, you will need a special roller, which comes with the default figures that will decorate your wall .
These emerged many years ago, when wallpaper was still expensive and inconvenient to use. Once you have it, follow the steps below:
- First, you must paint the walls of the background color. If the wall is still in good condition, it is not bad to give it an extra hand; Remember that once the relief is done, you will not be able to paint the background without covering it.
- The painting of the print must be of a color that stands out. This is placed on the foam roller of the double roller . Then, this will soak the rubber , which will end up drawing on the wall.
- Place the stamping paint in the widest bucket, by the size of the roller . You better not dilute it too much.
- Impregnate the roller, drain it and pass it through a paper to remove the excess.
- Paint the wall from top to bottom and from one side to the other. Try not to leave too much space between the stripes, so that the effect has continuity. Unless, of course, that’s what you’re looking for.
General tips when painting
It is very likely that you already take them into account, but the basic tips never come wrong, no matter what techniques to paint your house you choose.
- Cover the furniture so as not to splash it .
- Start painting on the ceiling.
- Test the color and effects on boards before going to the wall.
- Paint in a bright and airy place; Also, remember that the paint darkens when it dries.
- Choose, if possible, quality paints and enamels. Remember that cheap ends up being expensive .
- Allow at least 6 hours between one layer and another.
Now that you are more informed about the different techniques to paint your house that exist, your decision will have more foundations.
In case you do not dare to do it, you can ask for the help of a professional so that together they achieve that wall that you have always wanted.